Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Day 2

I awoke to the sound of their singing. Why must they sing?! The work shifts are around the clock in the Great Toy Factory, but I managed to get a few hours of sleep. They say that the North Pole is truly the workers pardise, but conditions here are grim. They sing because they know they are trapped in a system of repression.

Soon a pair of burly elf guards apeeared at my cell, throwing a few stale christmas cookies at me. I tried to feign sleep, but it didn't work.

"Wake up!" one of them growled. He opened the cell and I was kicked with their slippered feet. They had little jingle bells on their toes, and those are really painful when you get kicked.

"Now you get best job in compound, hah!" snarled the guard.
"Yes, for to make welcome home to glorious North Pole! Workers Paradise!"

I already knew what that meant.

Yes. I'd be forced to wash the reindeer. All 8 of them.

No comments: